[Out of topic?] ODBC for MySql

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Sat Jun 7 16:23:01 EDT 2003

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 02:36  PM, Andre Rombauts wrote:

> I mean if I put my RunRev application on a machine that is not running
> the
> MySql driver, it will not work. I have to distribute the driver with
> the
> application? ... :-(

Yep I think that's correct. Unless you get the Rev Pro version which
has the actual MySQL client libraries. What the MyODBC driver is a
layer that goes in between to make ODBC understand mysql.

ODBC Client <-> ODBC <-> Mysql Client <-> Mysql Server

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com