1.1.1 Buttons in 2.0

Emmanuel Companys mcompanys at mac.com
Sat Jun 7 02:22:00 EDT 2003

Le vendredi, 6 juin 2003, à 20:00 Europe/Paris, Dan Friedman a écrit :

> I opened a stack created in 1.1.1 in 2.0.  All the buttons that were
> set as
> "Standard" appear as if they were 1.1.1's "Rectangle" buttons.  And the
> "Rectangle" buttons don't have the same appearance as a new rectangle
> button.  If I delete the original button and create a new one it's
> fine.

I described a similar problem in my post "Weird button behavior in 2.0"
(see below).

> Can any tell me why and/or how to fix this without recreating *EVERY*
> button
> in my stacks?

Upon users advice, I deleted every 1.1.1 files and put my stack in the
same folder as the RR program, so clean paths could be set not to mix
files form boths versions.

This solved most problems, but not all of them.

Manuel

***BEGINNING OF THE RESENT POST

Just moved my stacks from 1.1.1 to 2.0 under macOS 10.2.6. The problems
I encounterd seem to much to be due to RR bugs.
That's why I'd would like to know whether some other user have had them
too... and any suggestion to bring things back to normal!

[.............]

B. A weird button behavior:

1) In the msg box, after "put style of btn x" I get:
"standard, rectangle, roundrect, transparent, opaque, shadow, checkbox,
radiobutton"
but in the inspector I read:
"Push Button, Square Button, Round Button, Transparent Button, Opaque
Button, Shadow Button, Check Box, Radio Button"

2) Changing style by scripts works if I use the msg box terms; but
nothing happens if I use the inspector's (no change, no error msg:
nothing).

3) curiously, in a stack imported from RR 1.1.1,  if I try to change a
button into a "standard" (by script) or a "Push Button" (in the
inspector), I get a "rectangle" instead!  Impossible to get a  regular
rectangle/Push Button.

4) When I open a button's inspector, the option menu to choose the
style is labelled
"Type" in the case of menu buttons, and "Style" in the case of
'conventional' buttons. But menu type is not treated as a subset of
style (as it used to be in 1.1.1): when I type "put type of button x"
(any menu style btn) I get:
'Message execution error:
Error description: Handler: can't find handler'
If I use the word "style", then I get "menu" no matter which 'type' it
is. But nothing happens if I try to "set style of btn x to "menu"
So I can't test the exact style of a menu button by script.
Besides changing a 'conventional' into a 'menu' or vice versa if very
tricky, if not impossible.

5) The height of the combo box is smaller than showed in the inspector:
to get a combo box  the same height as a 18 p. option button box, I
have to set it at 22!

Note that theese button oddities  (1, 2 and 4) were observed in a brand
new stack as well.

END OF THE RESENT POST