Rép : Build Distribution & Speech problem

Emmanuel Companys mcompanys at mac.com
Fri Jun 6 08:04:00 EDT 2003

The following post did not show up in my in-box, so I am sending it
again. Excuse me if you already received it.

****BEGINNING OF THE RESENT POST
De: Emmanuel Companys <mcompanys at mac.com>
Date: Ven 6 juin 2003  12:50:48 Europe/Paris
À: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
Objet: Rép : Build Distribution & Speech problem

Thank you for replying this fast, Sim.

But I am still not through... :-(

Le vendredi, 6 juin 2003, à 12:17 Europe/Paris,
use-revolution-admin at lists.runrev.com a écrit :

>> I didn't know some externals were necessary to use the revSpeak
>> command, and from Alex and SIm's posts I can't gather what I have to
>> do.
>>
>> - which files are necessary?
>> - where do I get them?
>> - where do I put them?
>
> I've only done this for Mac OS X.
>
> After I made the standalone there was also  a file named
> revspeech.bundle, which
> in my case was in the data folder.

In my case the "Standalone—acOSX— ..." folder contained two icons: the
RR of the application and an EMPTY data folder.
I found the revspeech.bundle folder in "Components/global environment"
an put it in the data folder, then ouside the data folder in the
standalone folder. speech doesn't work in both cases. Tried to click on
the revspeech.bundle folder: alert prompting to "chose an application"
but "Revolution" is dimmed in the browser.

> It does not get placed inside the OS X application
> but is sitting outside of the app bundle/folder. If you move the
> standalone away from
> the revspeech.bundle the speech will not work. To make things simpler
> for me I made
> an alias and open the standalone with that.

An alias of which file?

> Obviously, as Alex pointed out, it would be much nicer to have the
> revspeech.bundle
> placed *inside* the app in a future Build Distribution release...hint,
> hint!

But now, where shall we put it?

Manuel

*** END OF THE RESENT POST