mouse function problem

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jun 6 02:09:00 EDT 2003

Recently, David Beck wrote:

> I'm a happy user of Rev 1.1.1, but I found a problem with the mouse function
> which I am having trouble working around. It seems that in certain instances
> the mouse funciton gets stuck returning "down" when the mouse is actually
> up. This seems to only be a problem on Mac OS X. It is reproducable. It
> consistently happens after I click the menubar while the previous menuchoice
> handler is still executing. Then the mouse function is stuck returning
> "down", even though I am not pressing the mouse button, until I click again
> and it resets itself or whatever.
>
> This is a problem for me. I am having trouble finding a work around.

Do you have some kind of repeat loop or similar action that you wish to
interrupt with a mouseUp message?  If so, the mouseUp message itself is not
reliable for interrupting script execution.  You should set a variable state
or property and poll the variable rather than the actual state of the mouse.
Also, if the mouseUp event is supposed to halt any running scripts, make
sure you have the following in your script:

on mouseRelease
  mouseUp
end mouseRelease

This sends the mouseUp message to the clicked object if the mouse is
released outside the object (in this case it may be your menubar).

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director

Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design