table calculations

yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Wed Jun 4 12:50:01 EDT 2003

>I followed the very recent conversation between Klaus Major and Jan
>Schenkel, and it certainly looks tough to use tables for anything
>very much. I have gradually understood that a table is not really an
>object in its own right but rather a 'doctored' field, and
>furthermore the 'doctoring' has removed some of the normal messages
>that one would expect to use to find out what data entry has been
>done and to handle multi-cell operations.
>
>I'm not sure if this feature is really only half implemented in
>RR2.0 or if instead the intended purpose of tables is different from
>what Klaus (and me and I guess a good many more listers) would like,
>i.e. a way of setting up spreadsheet-like functionality. I would
>really like to hear a comment from the team, when they've got time.
>
>Meanwhile I am experimenting with a primitive spreadsheet where
>every cell is a field and absolutely all the functionality arises
>from my own scripting. I'm just not sure if this is the way to go.
>
>Just my two Euro-cents

Graham

i've recently discussed about that with Jan
What I do after my discussion is so many different fields that I need
columns...
So you have more freedom

you group the flds and add a scrollbar to the group.
You synchronize the scrollbardrag of the group with the scroll of the
flds and you have a spreadsheet...

hope this helps.

--
Greetings.