Comparison list

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Jun 4 02:17:44 EDT 2003

At 10:28PM -0700 6/2/03, John Tenny wrote:
>What would be sooooo helpful, for sooooo many reemerging HCers would be
>a simple comparison chart. HC command and syntax/parameters on the
>left, Rev command and syntax/parameters on the right.

Such a list could be made... but it seems to me that its usefulness in that
form would be limited, because most of HyperTalk translates directly to
Transcript: for the most part, the former is a subset of the latter. So the
list would be about ten miles long and consist mostly of "same in both" or
"in Transcript but not in HyperCard. ;-)

Have you looked at "About Revolution for HyperCard developers" in the
documentation? It discusses the various differences, though not in the form
of a chart.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/