Learning RR's Transcipt

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 08:13:01 EDT 2003

In a message dated 2/6/03 1:54:03 AM, Ken N writes:

<< Wow! I had one of those things, too. Little black thing that plugged into a

B&W TV, with a pressure sensitive flat keyboard, used a standard portable

tape recorder for storage, right? I went from there to AtariBASIC, then to

HyperCard, now I'm here (but still use HC). >>

I am ploughing through a backlog of lists, so i am sorry if another saddo has
pointed this out already.  The Spectrum had the (in)famous 'dead flesh'
keyboard.  The ZX81 came with the nasty laminated one.  But how I loved them both.

Not that this is why I am posting, I agree with the book recommendations
posted by Ken, - but I was helped a lot by the book 'Hyperprogramming' by the
exotic sounding Colouris & Thimbleby.  (Incidentally, their first names were the
less-than-exotic  George and Harold)  It came with a CD containing tutorials
and examples, and took a different but complementary approach to the others.
Just checked and it is still available on Amazon.

Best wishes,

David Glasgow
Home/ forensic assessments --> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/dvglasgow/">
DVGlasgow </A>