Comparison list

John Tenny jtenny at willamette.edu
Tue Jun 3 00:40:01 EDT 2003

Another outsider view: the usefulness of a comparison list....

There are a heck of a lot of fallen away HCers out there, with rusty
memories of syntax and who have finally, after many years of moving
them around, tossed their old useless HC books (I'm one of those). So
now I discover Rev and it rekindles my enthusiam. I searched half.com,
bought Danny's book and a couple of others, and having a great time
digging up those deeply stored scripting tricks. I'm finding it much
easier to review/relearn from existing HC memories by going over the HC
books, but it's an overwhelming task to relearn HC and then have to try
to find the changes and additions needed for Rev.

What would be sooooo helpful, for sooooo many reemerging HCers would be
a simple comparison chart. HC command and syntax/parameters on the
left, Rev command and syntax/parameters on the right. Would this be
useful or is it just me?  Seems like an open contribution web page
would work, just organized with the goal to not just document Rev
syntax, but to assist the transition group.

Peace,

     John

Technology Integration Mentor
OTEN PT3 Grant