Where's the Report Builder and how do I use it?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 12:54:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 06:48:38 -0700 "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto"
<jeanne at runrev.com> wrote:

>Go to the Development Guide page of the main documentation window, and
>click "Printing".
>
>These topics deal with the Report Builder and should be helpful to you.
>It's probably best to start with "How to print a report":
>
>How to...
>   create a report layout card
>   create and store report printing settings for later use
>   display the contents of a field in a printed report
>   include a field on each page of a printed report
>   preview a printed report
>   print a report
>   specify what cards to include in a printed report
>Menu items
>   Tools menu > Report Builder
>   Object menu > New Control > Report Object
>   View menu > Go to Report Page
>   View menu > Go to Report Page > First
>   View menu > Go to Report Page > Prev
>   View menu > Go to Report Page > Next
>   View menu > Go to Report Page > Last
>   View menu > Go to Report Page > Number...
>Transcript terms
>   revPrintReport command
>Definition of...
>   Report Builder
>   report layout card
>   report viewer

OK, this time you've got me!! Clearly I did not search enough. It
will take me some time to absorb all this stuff. I guess I do have
some questions about the general idea of reports (I have not yet
guessed how the report layout card is linked to the other pages of
the report, or what form the list of cards takes when created by
script) but this may all come out in the wash... so, back to the
drawing board (well, keyboard and mouse).

Thanks

Graham