Suggestion: the callingHandler

curry curry at pair.com
Sun Jun 1 06:15:02 EDT 2003

I wrote:

>I would say the callingHandler could return just the handler name and
>if we need the object, it would be good to have a separate function
>like the callingObject, or callingControl, or what the heck, as
>Richard said the callerID!

That was before I saw about the executionContexts. The way it's
designed for debugging is the way, or very close to the way it would
need to be for other uses. The executionContexts gives the object,
handler, and line number. That's necessary to uniquely identify the
call. It also gives the chain of calls leading to the current
handler, and after seeing that, I think having the full info there if
you need it is also good.

So, I like the way the executionContexts works. It, or something
almost just like it, would be the answer.

Curry