Is this a bug? [was: Rogue visual effect sends rev awol]

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Jun 1 02:38:18 EDT 2003

At 11:44PM -0700 5/25/03, DVGlasgow at aol.com wrote:
>visual effect dissolve
>hide me
>
>Now this was in the button that controls hiding and showing images, so it is
>used about 60 times.
[...]
>2 Rev just sat on the visual effects without letting me do anything - OK, so
>I was at fault in the script,  but I could have done with some useful
>feedback.

It actually was executing the visual effect. The problem (well, the problem
with not seeing it) is because the dissolve effect only affects pixels that
change from the source to the destination - so if the source and
destination are visually identical (as is the case after the first
dissolve, because the button was already hidden), a dissolve effect isn't
visible.

If the effect were something like "zoom open", you would have seen it 60 times.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/