Active X support

tkuypers at pandora.be tkuypers at pandora.be
Sun Jun 1 02:28:01 EDT 2003

Chipp, Tuviah, Kevin,

It is simply impossible to extend the engine with all functions... When
having Active-X support, we have access to so much more... COM, DLL's VB
API's a lot of Java-applets etc...
The biggest problem (and I really loooooooooovvvvveeeeeeeeee working with
RR) is using external commands & methods... We can't take advantage of all
the work those very clever C++ or Java developers did, with Active-X support
we can.
No, I don't agree that it's not worth the coding, it will give us
scanning-capabilities, image-rendering capabilities, custom encription,
inter-application-communication, OCR, all usable from within RR projects...
WE NEED THIS!!! Now I have to do those things in Visual Basic, compile them
as executables, (collect a thousand VB DLLs etc) and run these small exe
files through the commandline. Exchange of info between these programs and
RR go via text-files and it works, but it is sooooo tricky to do this...

Please gang, give us the Active X support, it would solve a whole lot of
trouble...

Ton Kuypers