Inexcusable? (Was Re: Rev 2.0.2 is availalble)

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jul 30 16:40:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 03:24  PM, Donald Watson wrote:

> Alex,
>
> This was not the point of my original posting. By the way the poster
> who thinks it is inexcusable ( namely me ) has a name. ; ) In fact I
> had not yet received my unlock code. The point I was trying to make
> was that the information concerning what old license category would be
> replaced with which new category and at what price has not been
> forthcoming. Or has everyone else received that information by divine
> absorption as well.
>
> If Rev were the only tool required to do my job I guess I wouldn't
> give a flip. Truth is I need to stay within a fixed budget in order to
> be able to upgrade all the tools I require as well as perhaps new
> hardware. I don't appreciate being kept in the dark on this matter,
> makes for budget problems that I don't need.

Donald I am sorry you have grievances and that's unfortunate about the
budget crunch.

My feeling is yeah they kind of screwed up communications-wise. But
during that initial period of time after the new licensing
announcement, Geoff Canyon was pretty active on this list, kind of
fielding questions and assuaging peoples concerns. So I don't think
anybody got it by "divine absorption" :-)

re: Patience. This is kind of deja vu for me because I was saying the
very same thing as you, but on the realbasic mailing list, 18 months
ago. I totally quit using realbasic. Now I'm here and I'm just being
patient and I am really optimistic about RR. Still glad I switched.
However, the grass is always greener...

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com