Inexcusable? (Was Re: Rev 2.0.2 is availalble)

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Jul 30 16:21:00 EDT 2003

OTOH, the online documentation beats that which comes with Director, which
came out with a Mac OSX version *considerably later* than did RR; other
bugs *did* get fixed; and probably a good deal many of us are getting
another year and a major upgrade when technically we didn't pay for one.

As one who has in the past has had concerns (well, actually, loud
complaints about pricing), I have been pleasantly surprised with the
responsiveness of the company.

I know of several Mac Director users in my master's program who are forced
to use Director and had to pay *twice* within a single semester's period
just to get the OSX version, and even then what they ended up with was a
doubly expensive, buggy piece of crap from a major software developer
and that, for nearly $700 *academic pricing* will only compile for a
single platform.

Judy