Question on .rev file format

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Jul 29 14:25:02 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 01:06  PM, Steve Gehlbach wrote:

> Is anyone else troubled by this and are there any solutions, ie, ways
> to dump the stack in text (completely and reversibly), or corrupted
> file recovery tools?
>
> Thanks for any assistance or ideas.

Steve, I don't know much about the file format at a low level. You
point out legitimate issues though. However, there are also favorable
aspects to the file format:

+ the RR IDE saves it's project files *extremely* fast; useful for big
projects
+ .rev stacks can be password protected to encrypt the stack
+ .rev stacks are kind of like a natural plug-in usable by all
developers

Although the latter two are probably just as do-able with a plain text
format.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com