.rev file association issues

Robert J. Earp bob at ashford.ca
Fri Jul 25 18:11:01 EDT 2003

This is a coincidence Gary as I just spent a number of very frustrating
hours trying to do the same thing.

The good news is that I did manage to do it, the bad news is that (although
it's still working), I'm not sure if I can remember the exact process I
ended up doing.  You see, I was in the UK when I was working on it, and the
weather was unseasonably hot, and the beer was enticing, and the girls
seemed to be trying desperately to remove all but essential clothing to
remain cool, and...........  well you get the picture.

If I remember correctly, from Windows Explorer I went into the Tools:Folder
associated with WinRAR as with your system)  I then clicked on the New
button and created a REV entry and tried to associate it with the RunRev
application, but it didn't.  I then clicked on the Advanced button, and
then the Edit button, which opens an Edit File Type dialogue box where I
could type in an Action of  "open" (minus quotes), and the full path of the
RunRev app in the "Application used to perform action" box.

Clicking on the OK button takes you back to the Edit File Type dialogue
box, where you can select the icon to use for the file association.  I just
used the RunRev one found in the RunRev application folder.

Having said all of that, I'm sure some bright spark will let us know it's
just a case of editing the Registry !!

Bloody Windoze eh!!

best, Bob...

Robert J. Earp - Ashford Training Technologies
18059 21A Avenue, South Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.  V3S 9V7
T:(604) 541 1662  Cel: (604) 612 6688 Fx: (604) 541 1686