Extracting From Excel and Access

Mark Powell Mark.Powell at veritas.com
Thu Jul 24 16:59:01 EDT 2003

I'd be very interested in looking at it.  My problem is that there is
mission-critical data in our organizaiton that is residing in several
locations (John's Excel file, Mary's Access db, Fred's web page, etc.), all
owned and maintained by separate individuals with varying degrees of
housekeeping acumen.  I need to point to these sources and perform some
critical filtering, stitching, and formatting, with the final product being
a sortable HTML report (for users) and an error/issue report (for
management).

So, I don't have control over what file types are being used.  Currently, I
have to go into manually and save these things as tab-delimited text, and
then first apply a very robust housekeeping check before commencing on
anything.  So, yeah, it would be very handy to be able to address the data
directly without this manual intervention.

Let me know what your timeline is and thanks for the info!

Mark