Minor script editor annoyance

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Thu Jul 24 11:18:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 01:00  PM, Edwin Gore wrote:

> Wondering if anybody else ever sees this...
>
> Occasionally when I edit a script and click "Apply" I get an script
> compile error message saying that a comma was expected at some
> seemingly random point in the script. going back to the script,
> entering a space (anywhere) and deleting it to reactivate the "Apply"
> button, and clicking "Apply" causes the script to comile without any
> problem.
>
> It's a minor thing, and easy to work around, since it just takes a
> moment to reapply the script, but it's weird.

I've seen things like this occasionally.

Maybe the same as what you are seeing, not sure: I think that somehow
metacharacters are being entered into the script editor (whether by
clumsy fingers, or by copy-paste) and the compiler can't deal with
them. However the script editor cannot display them either. So removing
some apparent whitespace fixes it. Just a guess!

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com