Debugger - sort of working

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Thu Jul 24 09:53:00 EDT 2003

Okay...for some mysterious reason, the debugger started sort of working for me this morning.

I haven't changed anything about my setup, but this morning the debugger, which previously always dove into scripts, even when clicking "Stepover" started mostly working for me. Stepover now steps over functions etc, except for one funtion which I use to figure out file paths. I have no idea why it would stepoever everything except for this one function though. I'll be consistantly clicking stepover and it works, except when it runs into this one script - even if the script is called by another function tht it has successfully stepped over!

Here's the function that is giving me fits, anyone have any ideas? I don't see anything that I am doing that would make this non-stepoverable.

function getPath pathType, category, section

  switch pathtype

  case "app"
    set the itemDelimiter to "/"
    put item 1 to -2 of the effective filename of stack "aassist" into thePath
    set the itemdelimiter to comma
    break
  case "document"
    set the itemDelimiter to "/"
    put item 1 to -2 of the effective filename of stack gDocument into thePath
    set the itemdelimiter to comma
    break
  case "image"
    if char 2 of field "imagefolder" of card 1 <> ":" then
      put getpath("document") & "/" & field "imageFolder" of card 1 of stack gDocument into thePath
    else
      put field "imagefolder" of card 1 into thePath
    end if
    break
  case "htmlFolder"
    put gHtmlFolder & "/" into thePath
    break
  case "htmlCatFolder"
    put stripchars(category) into category
    put getPath("htmlFolder") & category & "/" into thePath
    break
  case "htmlSubFolder"
    put stripchars(category) into category
    put getPath("htmlCatFolder",category) & section & "/" into thePath
    break
  case "htmlImage"
    put getPath("htmlFolder") & "images/" into thePath
    break
  case "ftpFolder"
    put field "ftpHost" of card 1 of stack gDocument & "/" & field "ftpDir" of card 1 of stack gDocument into thePath
    break
  case "ftpCatFolder"
    put stripchars(category) into category
    put getPath("ftpFolder") & category & "/" into thePath
    break
  case "ftpSubFolder"
    put stripchars(category) into category
    put getPath("ftpCatFolder",category) & Section & "/" into thePath
    break
  case "ftpImage"
    put getPath("ftpFolder") & "images/" into thePath
    break
  end switch
  return thePath
end getPath