Rev and substacks

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu Jul 24 08:28:03 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 14:12, Klaus Major wrote:
> Bonjour Pierre,

Guten Tag, Klaus,

> > Hi List,
> >
> > Is it a better way to implement substacks inside a Revolution 2.0.1
> > project to have them opening as fast as they are opening in the
> > Metacard
> > 2.5 environnement ?
>
> Do you mean "speed"?

Yes.
> In that case i think no...
>
> If i remember right only the mainstack of a file (which may have 0 to
> several
> substacks in that namely file) will be loaded completely into memory.
>
> All other (sub-)stacks are loaded from the hd only when needed.
>
> So i think it won't make a difference since substacks are loaded from
> the hd
> just like separate stacks...

Oh ! I understand my possible mistake... I will try to rebuild my test
app in saving each substack as a separate stack and letting each stay in
ram along the complete session. If this is the right answer to my "open
stacks speed problem", i will then be realy happy to become able to use
RR in production-grade web/erp apps development.