change list layout?

Graham graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 24 04:10:09 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:03:25 -0700, John Tenny <jtenny at willamette.edu> wrote:

>Another list that I'm on puts the following information at the end of
>the digest thereby allowing the 'table of contents' to appear on the
>first screen. Sure saves a lot of scrolling. There is a one liner
>directing folks to the end of the message. Any chance.....?
[...]

Yes, and while we're at it, would it be possible to enforce plain text at
least in the Digest - after all, this is supposed to be a plain text list.
Recently we've not only had to look at yards of HTML (redundant as the
message first appears in plain text and is then repeated at much greater
HTML length), but we've also had a complete attachment (how did that get
through??) of more than 50K, and in the last digest (1653), everything
after a certain point was underlined on my Eudora screen because someone
had used underline for emphasis.

I really appreciate that this is a superbly active list (it's continually
saving my life), but garbage I can do without!

Graham