perl regex modifiers

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jul 23 16:22:00 EDT 2003

Mark's question just now reminded me of something I've been wondering.
What Perl regex modifiers does RR support? The Transcript Dict.
mentions only (?i) for case insensitive.

"""
The stringToChange and matchExpression are always case-sensitive,
regardless of the setting of the caseSensitive property.  (If you need
to make a case-insensitive comparison, use “(?i)” at the start of the
matchExpression to make the match case-insensitive.)
"""

I assumed that other Perl modifiers could be used, like "g" for global
replace, like this

But but I get "bad parameter". The equivalent Perl would be

$someStr =~ s|!.+/!||g;

(actually this is a bad example because the regex is greedy and will
match everything between the first ! and the last /!) but just in
general: what Perl modifiers are supported?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com