Message Box woes & editing Revolution

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 09:57:00 EDT 2003

--- WIlliam Griffin <bill at igame3d.com> wrote:
> Typing a command and hitting return in Message box
> results in no action.
> Whats the deal?

Hi Bill,

There are two types of message boxes : a 1-line
message box and a multiple-line message box.
You can toggle by clicking the two left-most buttons
in the toolbar of the Message box window.

If you are on the one-line message box, and you typed
a command and hit return, and no error appears below,
then it must have worked, but maybe there was no
visible result.
What command were you trying ?

> Also how do I move the "Edit script" submenu item to
> a button on the
> inspector palette?
> I spend much time editing scripts which ammounts to
> 1. select object
> 2. edit group
> 3. find inspector under some other window
> 4. hold down drop down menu
> 5. select edit script
> 6. find script window under other windows.

You could use the Application Browser (in the 'Tools'
menu) and right-click on the object whose script you
want to edit.
Another aproach is to click the 'Select grouped'
button in the toolbar first, so you can select
individual objects within groups ; then you can once
again right-click on the object, or click the 'Script'
button in the toolbar.

> There must be a way of making this app intuitive and
> to do things I
> expect it to do.

Check out the Preferences (in the 'Edit' menu) to
customise some behaviour of the Application Browser
and the contextual menus.
You can even edit the script of object by merely
hovering over them and pressing a key combination.

> Revolution is moving my windows around to make room
> for that toolbar
> at the top of the screen. I've spent a lot of time
> adjusting my
> interface for my users sake,
> this revolution "move your interface"  glitch is not
> welcome.

You can always tinker the content of the global
'windowBoundingRect' property.

> Thanks.
> Bill Griffin

Hope this helped,