revolution/evolution

John Tenny jtenny at willamette.edu
Mon Jul 21 09:48:01 EDT 2003

I don't think the uninformed viewer would make the distinction between
the titles below - they'd only see "Runtime".

But for a free/near free play-with-it version a splash screen that says
just that... "Created by a beginner using the free (or beginner or ??)
version of Revolution. See out our website for details on this cross
platform development tool."  would make it clear that it was a
non-professional creation. And no semi-professional would try to market
a product with that splash screen on it, but it would provide stumbling
beginners a tool to explore. If luring in real newbies is a goal, a one
time, 30 day trial isn't enough, especially  if one is squeezing the
learning in between other tasks.

On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 05:24  PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Maybe the low-end, often poor apps,  splash-screened product should
> have a
> different name to differentiate it in the marketplace (and the minds of
> clients) from the higher end, probably more professional, non splash
> screen
> (but acknowledgement in the about box) version.
>
> Maybe call the low end version "Runtime Evolution" and the higher end
> version "Runtime Revolution Studio" and Runtime Revolution Enterprise".

Peace,

    John

Flowing Thought Educational Solutions
503-508-3398