Image recognition tool

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Jul 20 13:18:03 EDT 2003

OK test completed:

take  image A  and process with the same droplet in imageReady at
different times, resulting in img1 and img2, not really exact dups of
each other but "identical offspring" of the same source image.

this does not work:

   --  answer file "choose the first image"
   --  put url ("binfile:" & it) into tFirstImage
   --  answer file "choose the second image"
   --  put url ("binfile:" & it) into tSecondmage
   --  put (the md5Digest of tFirstImage) into tCheckDigest
   --  put cr & (the md5Digest of tSecondImage) after
tTestMd5DigestMatch
   --  put tTestMd5DigestMatch

This works!

on mouseup
   lock screen
   answer file "choose the first image"
   set the filename of image img1 to it
   answer file "choose the second image"
   set the filename of image img2 to it
   if (the imagedata of image img1) = (the imagedata of image img2) then
       answer "Yes, they are dups!"
   else
     answer "Not a match"
   end if
end mouseup

So it appears I will have to load all the images, 1 by 1... load image
1, load images 2-N of fileList, checking each one against image 1, if
not a match then move on to image 2... but it should run fast with lock
screen and a repeat for each deleting each line from the file list that
is unique as we go...

also, ( different issue) for some reason I have never been able to get
this to work properly either..

answer file "choose the first image"
put url ("binfile:" & it) into tFirstImage
set the imagedata  of image "anyImage" to tFirstImage

although the docs indicate it should work. Of course, "import" does the
same job...