Rev 2.02/New pricing

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Jul 18 09:08:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 04:30  AM, miscdas at boxfrog.com wrote:

> Geoff Canyon writes:
>> The Starter Kit was great for anyone who had the open-mindedness to
>> look beyond the popular conception of what can be done in ten lines
>> of code and the perseverance to work within the actual confines of
>> that limit.
> Considering this subject relates to hobbyists, you offer a great
> supporting argument for keeping the 10-line limit in tact.

The feedback on this list, in the support email, and elsewhere, has
been that this isn't the case. Few people look at the ten line limit as
a useful amount of code.

>> Ten lines of code is a very fuzzy limitation, because you can't know
>> ahead of time how clever you'll be at building within that limit, and
>> you can't even have a marginally accurate conception until you've
>> used Revolution extensively.
> Again, exactly the kind of challenging nut a hobbyist enjoys cracking.
> I believe you will find the hobbyists contributing solutions to
> problems that would otherwise go un- or under-answered because "real
> developers" simply can't justify the time investment.

Again, the feedback has contradicted this. No one has expressed
enjoyment at puzzling their way within the ten-line limit, and many
have expressed frustration.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com