main Stacks and substacks

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Jul 18 09:05:01 EDT 2003

Hi Jack,  (hijack? :-)

> 1. How many substacks can a main stack have?

I am not sure...

I know that the size of a stack, card or background can be up to 4 GB.

This may include all substacks, too.

But i am sure it will take a looooong time, until you reach this limit
:-)

Please notify this list about the exact number, when you get the first
error
reporting that you have reached the "substacks-in-a-mainstack" limit ;-)

> 2. Can a mainstack with substacks be placed into another mainstack
> with substacks?

No.

You will have to extract the substacks to separate mainstacks in that
case and set
their "mainstack"-prop to the other mainstack...

> Or can one just place mainstacks which become substacks of another
> mainstack?

Yo/Nes ;-)

In priciple that  statement is correct.

But you can always change the "mainstack"-prop of a substack like:

set the mainstack of stack "sub a" of stack "main a" to "main b"

> Thanks for help

You're welcome :-)

> Jack

Hope that helps.