Rev 2.02/New pricing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 18 04:39:00 EDT 2003

Geoff Canyon wrote:

> On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 11:27  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> A clearer differentiation could be possible with a product that
>> deploys to a
>> player only.  It may seem odd to the outside observer that an
>> application-building system that claims to offer total control over
>> the user
>> experience would hamper the exit of an application.  There are
>> different
>> (lower) expectations for a player app....
>
> Wouldn't people then get the impression that a player app was all
> Revolution was capable of?

Er, because it's a player?

As a standalone application, one expects the user experience to be defined
by its author.  The splash screen is reasonably among them.  When RunRev
Ltd. is the author, we can expect to see their logo.

But to have a splash screen which is completely unrelated to the application
it appears in is a little odd.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation