Rev 2.02/New pricing

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Fri Jul 18 03:37:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, Jul 18, 2003, at 05:09 Europe/Vienna, Chipp Walters wrote:

> So, what can we expect *others* to think when they see the "Made with
> Revolution" logo on 'newbie' type projects? That all Rev projects are
> like
> this, and of the same caliber??? This is one of the reasons I
> originally
> chose RR, because it *didn't* have this stigma.
>
> Now, I'm not trying to denigrate or belittle newbie RR programmers at
> all...it's just one would expect RR to want to splash their logo on the
> *best* of it's developer's work...not the beginners. I think the ABOUT
> box
> (the way it is currently) is just fine.

Agree 100%... It is (WAS?) one of the strongest rev arguments. If RR
change her mind in this case I think its shooting in your own feet, as
we say here in Austria...

One thought more...
What great product we could have now, if time and money of "license
changes" - I think its the 6. or 7. licence/pricing change from the
beginning (think about all the time what the members here also have
wasted) - would have been invested in bugfixing and improvement of the
UI...
A modular MC/rev developer tool with any flavor of UI (newbie to pro
developer, from reduced to full featured) and features, where every
developer could pick up what he needs. That would be the end of the
pricing/license discussion and the beginning of real rev volume sales
(against Director, RB, Visual Basic, etc...)

Let me give you an example: Geoffs revNavigator and the actual
Appbrowser
The revNavigator is much better than the Appbrowser which is now at
last (after 2 years) better than the good old Aplov. But far away what
I it could be. The revNavigator not a real replacement, more an
addition: "Together we are strong..."
Why not integrate the revNavigator concept in the Appbrowser with some
other stacks, to a kind of pure developer UI..?
(pure does not mean cheap...)

So everybody could build his UI with different stacks, and his price
(Of course there must be a basic UI like (similar) it was (is) in MC.
Some prebuilded combinations (stacks) for rev newbies, HArdcore coder,
MM developers HC switcher, RB switcher Director and so one could be
done and offered by RR itself...
A killer app...!

Imho the problem is, there are a lot of great scripters at RR but only
a few(?) "ergonomics" and UI freaks...

I know the wont pay me for my ideas, on the contrary so I would like to
know, whats the upgrade price for the pro license...

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539