Rev 2.02/New pricing and New PRINTED Revolution Docs

David Kwinter david at kwinter.ca
Thu Jul 17 18:50:01 EDT 2003

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Who didn't go to the book store in the
early days of their computing lives? Has anyone noticed how many Java books
there are? RunRev absolutely has got to get a book w/CD in every big box
book store. Have REVOLUTION printed proudly on the spine and throw an
evaluation edition w/user contributions on the CD.

WRT the new pricing, it seems reasonable, but the studio edition makes Rev
seem a little more reliable & predictable than it is. Even the best
programmers need to debug & reformat their apps natively on each platform
and having additional express licenses is really awkward.

IMHO when your product's key feature is cross-platform development,
isolating platforms on the beginner licenses is not the way to go. Scrap the
10-liner starter kit for the 30 day evaluation. And keep the SBE and
professional as they were.

Personally, I'm sticking with 1.1.1 for its beautifully tabbed properties
palette : )  until Rev supports SSH (I heard in v2.5 a while back), then
I'll upgrade.

David Kwinter