Rendering fonts on Windows

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jul 17 16:40:01 EDT 2003

Nobody else seems to be having this problem, so I think there is
something stupid I'm missing.

I can make a stack that looks nice on OS X and it looks crumby on
Windows.

One of the problems is that fonts are rendered different sizes even
when they are fonts available on both systems such as Courier New.
Often the tops of letters are occasionally chopped off.  Also color is
often applied only to the bottom of letters.  The same font will look
ugly in a field but look OK in an editor.

What am I missing?

Dar Scott