variables, arrays, or custom properties

erik hansen erikhans08 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 16:39:00 EDT 2003

--- "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:
> On 7/16/03 10:35 AM, Chris Sheffield wrote:
>
> globals), arrays, or custom properties.
>
> Or combine two of those methods and use a
> global variable that contains
> an array. I've had good luck with this
> approach. Globals provide the
> fastest access of the three methods you
> mention, and arrays are the
> fastest way to access individual chunks of
> data. A global array also has
> the advantage of being available to all the
> scripts in the stack and
> keeps all the information in one tidy
> container.

are you getting this array from disk,
making changes, then saving it back to disk?
and is this saving at the end of the session
or as you go? they used to say that globals were
too volatile to rely on very long, so i have
been saving to disk after each change.

Erik

=====
erik at erikhansen.org    http://www.erikhansen.org