Embedded fonts

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jul 16 16:30:00 EDT 2003

This would work well if you were just getting the text entered into the Flash Track into Rev since you could send DebugStr messages to Rev from the QT movie.  Setting the text of this flash track would be more difficult with Revs current QuickTime support.  A QT movie can request info from Rev if Rev is listening to a port on the localhost or by having Rev write an xml file to the harddrive that QT reads but Rev can't push data to a QT movie.

What would be nice is if Revolution supported sending messages to movies.  QT supports intermovie communication where movies can send messages to each other if the playback environment supports it.  The web plugin, qt player and apps like iShell support this currently.  What would be cool is if Rev could mimic this intermove communication and allow you to send messages to a movie as if Rev was a QT movie.  Then you could have true communication between Rev and QuickTime.

Another useful thing that Rev could support is setting the QTList for a qt movie to use when it opens.  Currently when you embed a qt movie in a web page with the embed/object tag you can specify an xml list in the "MovieQTList" tag.  When the QuickTime movie opens it has access to this xml list and can use the data in it for initialization of the movie.

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com

On 7/16/03 Ken Ray wrote