EDD calc

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Wed Jul 16 08:36:00 EDT 2003

Ubaldo.

This solution requires two fields and one button.  No persistent
storage container is required to hold the gestation info other than the
button script.  You could store this information in a field or custom
prop but that really isn't necessary.

Try this ...

Create a field "LMP" for the user to type the LMP into.

Create a button "EDD"

Now go to the button's script and type"

on mouseUp
-- convert 280 days to seconds (60*60*24*280 = 24192000) for calculation
   put 24192000 into gest
   put fld "LMP" into lmpCalc
   convert lmpCalc to seconds
   add lmpCalc to gest
-- now convert seconds back to the date
   convert gest to date
  into fld "EDDFld"
end mouseUp

now create a fld named "EEDFld" to place the calculated EED into.

Hope this helps.

By the way I married an Italian Woman.  So I feel sort of like Familia.

Ciao

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South