Scrolling through panorama JPEGs?

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Tue Jul 15 08:34:00 EDT 2003

Le mardi, 15 juil 2003, à 14:39 Europe/Brussels, Mark Guzdial a écrit :

> I've generated some panorama JPEGs using a mode on my Powershot S45.
> These are JPEGs that are some 1024 pixels high and several thousand
> pixels long.  There's an example at
> http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/guzdial/uploads/37/
> panoramaFromAcropolis2.jpg
>
> Has anyone built anything in Revolution for showing these kinds of
> shots?  I can imagine a couple of different ways I'd like to show such
> pictures:
> - Display a slideful of the image in an image viewer, with a
> horizontal scrollbar for allowing the user to scroll through the
> length.
> - Display a segment of the image and dynamically move the view along
> the image in a path scripted by me (ala Ken Burns' documentary style).
>
> Any suggestions?
>   Thanks!
>    Mark

I've made something based on the viewer of Chipp Walters.

You may download his fantastic stack at

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Downloads.htm

the name of the stack is "altThumbBrowser"

you may also change a little the code and use the new "drag'n drop"
feature of Rev 2 to easily add some pict to your browser.

Greetings.

Yves COPPE
yvescoppe at skynet.be