Can Rev be used as server database?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Jul 11 17:46:00 EDT 2003

>if I wanted to create a server app that prompts the user to enter
>information into fields and then saves that data into text files on
>the server hard-drive, would that be a job for Revolution, or for
>PHP or Filemaker Pro, or something else entirely?

Yes..........     :{`)

But how about a Rev client app that prompts the user to enter
information into fields, collects the fields into a record, and sends
the record to a Rev server app to be filed in a multi-user Rev
database stack?

The client app would be your responsibility; the server app and the
libraries that drive it are being tested by Jan Schenkel's Rev IPC
Group as we speak.  (SDB Server gave its first meaningful response to
my test client stack less than an hour ago.)

And, BTW, when they are finished, the server, libraries, and
supporting utilities will all be released with open-source copyrights
for royalty-free distribution.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company