Need some help

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jul 9 12:13:01 EDT 2003

Hi James,

> I have a book coming out, on July 30, on the military antiwar-movement
> which emerged
> during the Vietnam War. I am currently thinking about a website to
> accompany the book.
> The site will include approximately 500 images and I would like to
> make it searchable by content.
>
> At the moment I am  playing with three possibilities:
>
> 1. to build a filemaker database and link to it with a web portal.
>
> 2. to build it with revolution and deploy the stack online and build a
> front page that would do the same thing. The latter appeals to me
> because it would enhance my programming skills
>
> 3. To use html.
>
> Please advise me on what I should do

well, you might not be surprised that most, if not all users of this
list
will recommend option 2 ;-)

And it sounds like a good idea, too.

You could store all (or most) searchable text including link-infos in
the front-end stack and just download what's currently needed...

And remember that you can set the filename of an image to an URL like
http:///www.server.com/folder/image.gif, a veeeeery handy feature ;-)

Please don't hesitate to ask this list if you need more
info/help/assistance :-)

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de