Advice on windowshape command

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Jul 8 10:20:03 EDT 2003

Hi RGould8,

> Is there an URL someone can point me to that gives step-by-step
> instructions on how to create a mask that can be used with the
> windowshape command?  I've created a black-and-white mask, saved it as
> an 8-bit PNG, like the documentation describes, then I do a "set the
> windowshape of this stack to 1003" (the object ID # of that imported
> bitmap image), and the window flickers, but does not change.  I'm not
> sure what I'm doing wrong.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

the syntax is correct, but i looks like your image is not correct.

You need an image with "real transparency" in it.

The engine does not compute irregular shapes from a b/w image.

It just needs an image with transparent areas in it.

So look if your favourite image editor allows defining transparency in
your image and then save it as a GIF or 8bit PNG.

Drop a line (offlist, if you like) and i send you a small example/more
info/assistance.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Klaus Major