Debugger Testing

Martin Baxter martin at harbourtown.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 04:55:00 EDT 2003

You aren't going crazy Edwin, it happens here too, though it's
inconsistent. I seem to recall I've seen this mentioned several times in
the lists by others.

I don't know if anybody has formally reported this as a bug though. Last
time I tried to look something up in bugzilla it gave me an error (though
it had worked for me previously).
I find it fairly infuriating myself, but how much of a problem this to you
personally will of course depend on the structure of your scripts. I just
try and work around it as far as possible by judicious placement of
breakpoints and use of the Run button, or sometimes putting a breakpoint
inside a conditional as in :

if myVar = 300 then
    breakpoint
end if

can cut out the need to step through the preceding 299 iterations of a
function call :-)

martin baxter