[ANN] Game Available for Test

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Fri Jul 4 08:32:03 EDT 2003

Scott,

A true programmers' game. Thanks. I was particularly appreciative of
the full ten rows for trial and error. I used my full allotment on
more than one occasion.

A suggestion (which you won't like.) Although it would spoil the
esthetics of the game, I would have preferred letters rather than
colored balls. In clicking through to select a particular color, I
found that I often overshot the mark and had to cycle through again.
With an alphabetical sequence there would be less danger of that
since one can follow the sequence more easily. Perhaps you could
provide an options of color balls or letters.

Again, thanks for the game. I have reciprocated by posting a favorite
of mine that I wrote some time ago--I believe with HC; but the speed
of Run Rev is sooo much more satisfying. It is a simulation of one
the crytogram puzzles you may have seen. It is a long division
problem with letters replacing the numbers. The problem is to
decipher the code. It is easy to cheat. The trick is not to.

Unfortunately this works only on the Mac. I need to line up rows of
letters and numbers and that requires a uniformly spaced
font--monospaced. I didn't see one that works on my PC. It looks like
Georgia is the only monospaced font but it is illegible at 24 point
size.

I learned something from your trick of calling up the url from within
Run Rev, so run this from the message box (1.1.1 or 2.0)

     go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/CryptDivision.rev"