hyperlinking from list fields

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jul 2 21:16:01 EDT 2003

Hi all

I just noticed that something I assumed would work, doesn't. It seems you
can't hyperlink from a list field. Is it a bug? I would have thought that
the hyperlink behavior would override the list behavior???

I want to have a list field with columns (let's say name & email). I want to
be able to select the line and or click on the email link and handle the
linkClicked message. It seems that the linkClicked message isn't sent if the
part of the line you click on is a link. I think it should be. What do
others think????

I even tried scripting it with mouseUp and the chunk references like
clickChunk and mouseChunk but they seem to refer to the line chars not the
clicked word/group (which makes sense).

Regards

Monte