doubleclicking a stack

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Wed Jul 2 16:28:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Jul 2, 2003, at 23:29 Australia/Sydney, Klaus Major
<klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

> just a short question.
>
> After doubleclicking a stack in RR 1.xx ONLY that stack was displayed.
>
> Now in 2.x the complete IDE starts?
>
> Bug or feature?
>
> I thought it was supposed to work like MC,
> doubleclicking a stack will only launch that file and
> holding the command key while doubleclicking lauches the
> stack AND the IDE...

Klaus

A feature.

I recall many but intermittent posts about this 1.x/MC behaviour last
year. Basically, more people wanted what is now the 2.x behaviour
rather than the old one, so it was changed. I expect that most of those
wanting the change came straight to Rev without prior MC experience (I
am one) and expected either HC-like behaviour or else what was
considered natural; that double-clicking a development file opened the
development environment.

Recently, in relation to learning Rev, there have been posts about the
likelihood that a Rev user might have prior experience of HC. Many
users are on Lin/Win environments rather than Mac now. I expect this
will open up discussion on the extent to which Rev should continue to
adhere to HC standards, and I for one (despite being a Mac user coming
from HC) think Rev is strong enough to be cutting more of those ties
where it makes developmental sense.

regards
David