clipboardData & PNG & JPG

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Wed Jul 2 13:24:00 EDT 2003

My understanding is that RunRev uses PNG internally for all images, so if the image is actually imported there is nothing you can do.

Now, what you *can* do, is write something that, when you paste a graphic into a stack, exports the graphic to an images folder as a jpeg, then assigns the image object on the card the filename of the external file. In some situations this can save you lots of spce - though you then have to deal with other issues of course.

This is the way that CDDbase, and Amazon Assistant, two of my programs that deal with hundreds of images, are set up.

If you want more details, I would be happy to go into.