Externals problem - Windows Messages

Joeri Paeleman paeleman at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 04:06:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to make a little external for Revolution, but I'm running into
some problems.

The DLL I'm making makes it possible to set a taskbar-tray-icon from
Revolution. Setting, modifying and deleting the icon are no problem at all,
but naturally the icon needs to respond to user interaction, and then things
start getting confusing.
For the purposes of my current project, the most important feature would be
to simply double-click the icon and show my Revolution stack (which was
previously hidden). When initializing the icon, I can specify some
windows-messages to be sent to my mainStack. So I specified
WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK, hoping that Revolution would recognize the message (as it
should). Unfortionately, Revolution responds to this message after a single
mouseUp (and executes the stacks mouseUp handler).
For a moment I thought I could live with this (since I could show my stack
after a single click). However, this method only appears to works in the IDE
(or, as a standalone, when another stack is visible). So if I build a
distribution, launch it, hide my main stack (and all others), and click the
icon, nothing happens.

Has anybody got any ideas on how to solve this?

When I get this running, I would obviously like to add a context-menu to my
icon. To implement that, it would be nice if there was a way to send
messages from the external to the revolution-project. Is there a way to do
this (eg using custom Windows-Messages to directly call a Revolution
custom-handler)?

Thanks a lot,

Joeri