Another group question

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat Jan 25 15:21:01 EST 2003

At 5:49 PM -0800 1/24/03, Mark Swindell wrote:
>I have a single menu group that I want placed on all cards in my stack.
>I've disengaged it from being a subgroup of a larger group and placed it on
>one card.  But when I go to place it on the other cards, it doesn't show up
>in the Place Menu, and when I type "Place group theOnlyMenu" into the
>message box I get an error.  What am I missing?  I can copy and paste it,
>however.

Are you sure it's no longer a subgroup? Try checking "the owner of group
whatever" to make sure it's not owned by another group.

There's a tricky bit with the place command, which is that "group whatever"
only works if the group is already on the card (because "group" is used in
reference to a card). If the group isn't placed on the current card, but is
in the stack, you need to use "background":

  place background "Foo" onto this card

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/