Somewhat OT - Demo RAD tool for the Mac

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Jan 21 13:43:01 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:46:21 -0800 (PST)
> From: Judy Perry <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu>
> Subject: Re: Somewhat OT - Demo RAD tool for the Mac

> It's not apple-shift-3?  Works here for me...  or is yours the one that
> allows you to select a portion of the screen for capture?
----------
OOPS! I blew it...forgot to change the subject line, from the digest, of my
last post. Sorry...

It may or may not not come through, so please excuse a possible repeat of
the info.

I use the Mac screenshot feature constantly because it's the fastest way to
capture images on the screen. I've gotten quite good with it.

** Cmd/Shift-3 captures the whole screen automatically into a list of
numbered pictures on the HD.

** Cmd/Shift-4 gives you a cross-shaped drag tool you can surround any
portion of the screen. When you release, it takes the shot of that portion.

It's probably one of the best educational tools for training software users
too, because you take a shot of any screen (or portion thereof, as I said)
and mark it up to show what happens.

HTH,
Ken N.