VS: Naive menu question

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Mon Jan 20 12:37:00 EST 2003

Hi Esa,

> -- make weapon--
> --weapons name--
> --weapons alias name--
> --class for weapon--
> --weight for weapon--
> --value for weapon--
> --set special hit fuction for weapon--
> --Now check where that weapon should go??--
> --Special hit_func to weapon--

etc...

are you preparing a personal war? ;-)

Regards from germany

Klaus Major (a little scared...)
k_major at os.surf2000.de

P.S.
To save some typing you can omit the "cd" in your object description.
I mean "set the loc btn x..." instead of "set the loc of cd btn xxx...".

Another hint:
To make somehing like this more readable

> if item 1 of the loc of cd button "weapon"" > item 1 of the rect of cd
> fld "drag&Drop" card "huone" and \
> item 1 of the loc of cd button "weapon" < item 3 of the rect of cd fld
> "drag&Drop" and \
> item 2 of the loc of cd button "weapon" > item 2 of the rect of cd fld
> "drag&Drop" and \
> item 2 of the loc of cd button "weapon" < item 4 of the rect of cd fld
> "drag&Drop" then
> put return & "move_object(" & cd fld "wname" & "," & cd fld "name" &
> "());" \
> after last line of cd fld "weapon"
> put return & "}" after last line of cd fld "weapon"
> end if

i would recommend to extract the values into some vars first:

put the rect of bnt "weapon" into wpr
put the rect of fld "drag&drop" into fdr

put item 1 of wpr into wpr1
... item 2 ... wpr2

put item 1 of fdr into fdr1
etc...

if wpr1 >  fdr1 AND wpr1 > fdr3...

etc...

I think you get the idea.

A bit more typing first, but much more readability later.

...and you can use CR instead of return in your scripts...
Another timesaving hint :-)