Passing Lists II

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sun Jan 19 19:21:01 EST 2003

> Either approach works. I think the point is that Rob's "unusual
> behaviour", or "bug" as one person put it, is in fact reasonably
> expected behaviour and readily handled once the behaviour is grasped.

Yes this is reasonably expected behaviour if the message and parameters sent
are formed into a string as Rob had done. I'd suggest, however, that there
is a requirements bug in the send command where to send parameters they must
be part of a string. How would one send an array parameter for example? What
if you need to send the contents of a field and don't know if or how many
commas occur in the field?

Perhaps rather or in addition to using a string a message expression could
be surrounded by parenthesis so it is a logical block but still not
concatenated. For example:

send (myMessage x,y) to me in 6 seconds

where x and y could be any type of variable including array.

Anyway, my 2 cents (currently just over 1 cent US)

Monte