Why does a "Save" screw up the "scroll" settings?

Ray Bennett smilingeyes at mac.com
Sat Jan 18 16:06:00 EST 2003

Why, when I save a stack that is scrolled does the on-screen appearance
change?

For instance, I have stack whose cards are roughly twice as high as the
window they're viewed in.  To be able to scroll all of the objects on
the card (about 100), I grouped them into two groups.   One of the
groups is a "background" (background behavior = true), consisting
mostly of graphics and a few static fields.  The other group I call an
"active_group", since its fields contain non-static info.   I use a
scrollbar to change the "scroll" of those two groups, allowing me to
scroll up and down the card.

Both groups have their "lock location and size" property checked.

If the scroll is not 0, whenever I do a "save", either from the message
box or with CMD-S, the window gets jumbled as though the background
group had been scrolled to 0 and the active_group remains beneath it in
its present scroll position.  The actual scroll settings appear to be
okay.  As soon as I use the scrollbar to go up or down an increment, it
rights itself.

If the scroll is set to 0, there is no visible change in the window.

Any clues?
Thanks in advance.
Ray