Why does a "Save" screw up the "scroll" settings?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Jan 18 22:34:00 EST 2003

On Sonntag, Jan 19, 2003, at 03:04 Europe/Zurich, Kurt Kaufman wrote:

> I have also experienced strange goings-on (images whose position
> suddenly jumps way off screen, sudden appearance of images as gray
> rectangles, etc.), when I try to set up a window with scrolling
> contents, though I'm *not* sure that I'm doing it correctly.  I'd be
> interested in viewing the scripts of a project where this has been
> successfully implemented.  -That would reassure me greatly!

Although my stack does the jumping thing, I was able to "solve" the
problem by including the following handler into the mainstack:

on saveStackRequest
   revUpdateGeometry
end saveStackRequest

the field jumps to the beginning, but then instantly jumps back after
the save is done
you could probably set the lockScreen so that it does not jump
somewhere, but this is a very old stack of mine, and i won't fumble
around with it now (too much to do)

you can look at it under

http://www.yanku.net/bvg/downloads/stacks/Map.rev

the rest is OT:

I think I was planing a 4w game (like "space ward ho!" or "master of
orion") where smilies capture planets and build more smilies on them
... kinda funny idea, I hope I get back to it sometimes
I also remember of being extremely proud of the planets, because I drew
them myself, and they look so "professional"
ah... good ol days... almost half a year since then :)